Department of Architecture
- To study and demarcate the ancient Architecture of South India and to survey and evaluate its influence over the culture of other countries.
- To fill in the gaps and restructure and Architectural History of Tamilnadu.
- To study the close contacts, mutual influences and intonations between Architecture and other allied work of Arts.
- To explore the scientific factors and Engineering Techniques of Architectural work and the suggestion and means to make use of them to solve the present problems in Heritage preservation.
- To document the current state of affairs and suggest ways to control the decay and disintegration of heritage monuments, high lighting the need to conserve, preserve, and rectify them.
- The department has organized many seminars, workshops and refresher courses
- The faculty members of the department have completed many research projects
- The faculty members have published many books