Department of Linguistics
- To write text books in Tamil on Linguistics and dictionary/ encyclopaedia of technical terms in Linguistics.
- To study the grammatical structure of Tamil in traditional way.
- To study the grammatical structure of Tamil diachronically.
- To study historically and descriptively the traditional grammatical works in Tamil.
- To study the regional and social dialects of Tamil.
- To study the social conditions for the maintenance and loss of language.
- To study Tamil and other languages in finding out similarities and differences.
- To do research from the point of view of Natural Language Procession.
- To take up studies on psycholinguistics and neuro-linguistics.
- To take up studies on phonetics (articulation, auditory, acoustics etc.)
- The department has organized some seminars, workshops and refresher courses
- The faculty members of the department have completed some research projects
- The faculty members have published some books
Dr. K. Visvanathan
Assistant Professor and
Head of the Department
Dr. P. Mangayarkkarasi
Dr. M. Ramesh Kumar