School of Indian Languages & Comparative Literature
- To undertake comparative study on the literature and grammar of Indian languages.
- Teaching Indian languages
- Research on teaching Tamil to Non-Tamil Learners
- Preparation of bilingual dictionaries in Indian languages.
- Translation of literature and grammar of Indian languages into Tamil
- Preparation of text books for teaching Indian languages through computer
- Introducing Indian Languages to Post Graduate Students
- The faculty members of the department have completed 15 research projects
- 35 books have been published by the faculty members
- More than 100 Training courses for IPS and IAS officers; diploma and certificate courses and special Tamil training programmes for foreigners
- The department has organized more than 100 seminars, workshops refresher courses and training courses.
- Team member in India – German Project – Volt swagen foundation
- Diploma in Tamil
- Diploma in Telugu
- Certificate in Tamil
- Certificate in Telugu
- Special Tamil Training Courses for Foreigners, Linguistic minorities and IAS, IPS, IFS probationers