Department of Tamil Studies in Foreign Countries
- To undertake research on Tamil Diaspora, and their language and literature
- To do research on language issues
- To impart training to those residing within and beyond India who desire to study Tamil language and Literature.
- To prepare textbooks and teaching tools
- To study the problems of the overseas Tamils, especially those relating to their linguistic, socio, economic, religious and cultural aspects.
- Offering training courses on Tamil Language and literature
- The Faculty members have published more than many books
- Training programmes have been conducted
- Many research projects have been completed by the faculty Members
- M.Phil. Tamil Studies
- Ph.D. Tamil Studies