Department of Environmental and Herbal Science
- To carry out research projects, teaching programme and extension activities in Environmental and Herbal Sciences.
- To undertake research in the field of Environmental Pollution, Natural Resources, Environmental Impact Assessment and Management and Disaster Management.
- To address Environmental issues at Regional, National and International levels.
- To undertake research in all areas related to Herbal Sciences like Botany, Pharmacology, Ethno botany, Phyto-chemistry and Pharmacology.
- Identification, collection, conservation of Indian medicinal plants and maintenance of Herbal Garden. Propagation of rare and endangered Medicinal plants using modern techniques like Plant Tissue Culture.
- To undertake multidisciplinary research on medicinal plants and help in standardization the herbal drugs and creating value added herbal products.
- M.Sc. Environmental Science
- M. Phil.(Herbal Science)
- Ph. D.
Dr. K. K. Kavitha
Associate Professor and
Head of the Department