Department of Rare Paper Manuscripts
- To collect and document Rare paper manuscripts and books remain scattered all over the world.
- To catalogue all the Rare paper manuscripts
- To edit and publish unpublished rare paper manuscripts
- To write the social and political history of India with special reference to Tamilnadu on the basis of the above manuscripts which are yet to be explored systematically.
- The department has organized 8 seminars and one workshop
- The faculty members of the department have completed 2 research projects
- The faculty members have published 14 books
- Diploma in Manuscriptology