Department of Folklore
- To collect, classify and preserve the fast changing and also vanishing Folk Arts and Crafts, Folk Believes and Practices, Folk Religion, Folk Customs, Folk Games, Folk literature, Folk Science and Technology etc.
- To analyze the folk-life through Folk materials with Interdisciplinary approach.
- To apply the Folklore for the Development of the people.
- The department has organized 30 seminars, workshops and refresher courses
- The faculty members of the department have completed 10 research projects
- The faculty members have published 37 books
Dr. R. Kamaraju
Professor & Head of the Department