Department of Industries and Earth Science
- To establish a scientifically and an industrially well advanced condition, especially in the field of earth sciences like geology, geography, oceanography, environmental management and augment the scientific manpower build-up in earth sciences for natural resource management, conservation and preservation.
- For establishing an advanced research centre in the fields of marine studies, especially in pollution monitoring, coastal zone management, coastal mining and mineral resource management, remote sensing, applied geomorphology, etc., which help to look after the welfare of Tamil Nadu.
- For studying the similarity and compatibility of the ancient science and technology developments of Tamil Nadu in relation to the other parts of the world and harness the different techniques for modern industrial usage.
- For collecting sufficient data on the basis of experimental science for reconstructing the traditional scientific and industrial techniques so as to popularize the same adopted by our ancestors.
- The department has organized 42 seminars, and 18 workshops.
- The faculty members of the department have completed 64 research projects
- The faculty members have published 30 books
- M.Sc. Geology
- P.G. Diploma in Geographic Information System in Coastal Eco System
Dr. K. Sankar