Department of Maritime History and Marine Archaeology
- To explore the submerged and partially submerged ancient port cities in Tamil Nadu Coast.
- To explore, retrieve and preserve the ancient Shipwrecks.
- To find and salvage ancient stone and metal anchors to study the boat and ship parameters.
- To study the traditional navigation system.
- To study the traditional boat building technology.
- To delineate the ancient coast lines from the archaeological evidences.
- To study the culture and science of traditional pearl and chank diving.
- The department has organized 15 seminars, workshops and refresher courses
- The faculty members of the department have completed 5 research projects
- The faculty members have published 30 books